Jobs PLUS Business Outreach Coordinator (Fa’17)
||Jobs PLUS provides students professional development opportunities they might otherwise miss because they are employed. The Jobs PLUS model expands access to learning outside the classroom by partnering with students’ employers to provide high quality hands-on learning experiences. If this interests you, Jobs PLUS is looking for a driven, forward thinking individual to join our team. The ideal candidate is seeking an opportunity to help a growing program flourish, and is creative, flexible, and open-minded.
This position reports directly to the Job PLUS Director and is responsible for:
- Understanding and effectively communicating Jobs PLUS’ unique value to current and prospective partners.
- Leveraging existing data to identify and contact potential business partners.
- Developing, updating, and maintaining value statements, account profiles, and strategies for all partners.
- Meeting, engaging, and promoting Jobs PLUS to potential business and community partners.
- Managing partner relationships to conduct needs assessment and program analysis.
- Maintaining detailed records of business partner contacts and communications.
- Functioning autonomously with professionalism and integrity as a representative of NIU’s Jobs PLUS program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an enrolled NIU student of at least junior standing.
- Enrollment in the College of Business’ Professional Sales Program is preferable.
- Knowledge of developing and implementing business and relationship building strategies.
- Previous sales or business development/outreach experience preferred.
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Suite Package (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive).
- Experience with cloud-based storage, editing, and retrieval of documents.
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
Other Competences, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Comfortable building business partnerships by phone, email, and in-person.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to effectively build social and/or professional networks.
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, adapt to a changing environment, and monitor on-going program functioning.
- Can improvise quickly to identify solutions.
- Can see the “big picture” scope of a project and make connections between that project and other organizational initiatives.
- Applies a collaborative, team-focused approach to all work.
- Attentive and responsive to the needs of internal clients and other stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Presents ideas that have been well researched and thought out when appropriate.
- Self-motivated autonomous learner.
Interested candidates should email resumes to Chad Glover, Jobs PLUS Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call directly with any questions: 815-753-2056